|Black Gangster Disciple Nation|
|Founded by||LARRY HOOVER|
|Years active||late 1960s–present|
|Ethnicity||Mostly African American|
|Membership||40,000-500,000+ 35,000 + in Chicago|
|Criminal activities||Drug trafficking, robbery, extortion, murder, notorious north side members.|
|Allies||Folk Nation, Crips (unless there in new york), Zoe Pound Gang, Black Guerrilla Family, Black Mafia Family|
|Rivals||People Nation, Black P. Stones, Almighty Vice Lord Nation, Bloods, R.O.C|
Symbols, signs and emblems
Gangster Disciples represent with the color blue and black. There are indications that some GD members will spraypaint a pitchfork or Star of David to mark their territory.
Six pointed star
The major symbol Gangster Disciples make use of is the six-pointed star (identical in appearance to the Star of David) The fact that this star is known as the Star of David pays homage to co-founder David Barksdale, and the six points are said to represent Love, Life, Loyalty, Understanding , Knowledge , Wisdom . Despite there being no ostensible references to the country of Israel or Jewish religion in most open source literature on the subject of Gangster Disciples, some rival Vice Lord members will at times refer to someone suspected of being an organizational infiltrator, mole, spy, supporter, or sympathizer as being "Jewish." There have been other indications clearly suggesting that many GD members internally have aligned themselves with pseudo-Judaism principles just as rival Vice Lords have aligned themselves with pseudo-Islamic principles which is even further evidenced by the Vice Lord Oath in which Vice lord members swear allegiance to Allah.
The second most well known symbol of the Gangster Disciples is the three pointed pitch fork, which is also the basis of their representative hand-sign. A pair of pitchforks may be seen in GD graffiti crossed behind a six pointed star, with the tines of the fork always placed in a vertical position. Since two forks with three tines each make a total of six, this again makes reference to the six-pointed star. The number six plays prominently into most GD symbols.
Gangster Disciple graffiti is also known to contain:
- Heart with wings, each wing having 3 feathers (for a total of 6), typically placed around a six-pointed star. Can be used to represent love for lost members of the organization, or members who are incarcerated.
- Inverted shepherd's cane. The cane is a symbol of the Chicago-based Vice Lords, a powerful faction in the People Nation and a top rival of the Gangster Disciples. The cane can be incorporated into the handle of crossed pitchforks, so that the upward facing half is a fork and the downward pointing half is a cane. This both represents the Gangster Disciple Nation and shows disrespect to the Vice Lords.
- Inverted pyramid. The pyramid is a Peoples Nation symbol, especially for the Black P Stones.
- Inverted cross, with hash marks between the bars. Symbol of the Latin Kings (gang).
=Rappers and Rap Groups
- 22GZ GK (Brooklyn, NY)
- Coach Da Ghost (Brooklyn, NY)
- Rooga (Chicago, IL)
- FBG Duck (Chicago, IL - Deceased)
- Lil Moe (Chicago, IL
- Billionaire Black (Chicago, IL)
- Lil Mister (Chicago, IL - Deceased)
- Lil JoJo (Chicago, IL - Deceased)
- Lil Jay (Chicago, IL - Penitentiary)
- Young Pappy (Chicago, IL - Deceased)
- Edai 600 (Chicago, IL - Deceased)
- PBG Kemo (Chicago, IL)
- Nas Blixky (Brooklyn, NY)
- Nick Blixky (Brooklyn, NY - Deceased)
- Breezy Blixky (Brooklyn, NY)
- Envy Caine (Brooklyn, NY)
- PNV Jay (Bronx, NY)
- MJ0.6 (Chicago, IL)
- G Swervo (Chicago, IL)/(Stockton)
- 43 Gwuapo
- Homxcide (Jersey City, NJ)
- Roy Deezy (Rantoul, IL - Deceased)
- ItsMilly217 (Rantoul, IL)
- Black Disciples are family to the GDN
- List of Gangster Disciples in Hip-Hop
- Folk Nation
- List of Gangs
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|